Initially founded in mid-1920 with an Arab majority éguada by the hand of João andJustino de Vilhena (father and uncle of Maria Adelaide de Vilhena D'Sousa Andrade),that with time, were crossed with bullfighting horses from that time, in particular"Temporal" from Master JoãoNuncio.
From this practice, horses were born with excellent skills that served as a mounted bullfight horses to Vilhena brothers, both amateur bullfighters, disciples of the Master Miranda.
The stud was disbanded in 1971 leaving the iron off for ten years serving only as a brand of the farm house, still based in Porto Mouro Estate in Ferreira do Alentejo,still owned by the family.
In 1981, Ruy Vasconcellos e Souza D'Andrade, acquires a core of ten mares to his father, Eng. Fernando Sommer D'Andrade, installing them in Calvel Farm, property belonging to his ex-wife, Maria Adelaide de Vilhena D 'Andrade.
Thus was born the stud Vilhena D'Andrade, situated on a Farm on the outskirts of Torres Vedras which dates from the mid-century. XVIII., Which aims to continue the work of Dr. Ruy D'Andrade and Eng.Fernando Sommer D'Andrade.